Yukare Nakayama, Reporter
Yukare Nakayama joined the CBS 58 news team in February 2022 as a reporter.
Yukare previously worked as a community journalist in WLS-TV in Chicago. There she focused on telling feel-good, pandemic struggles and gun violence-related stories in Black and brown communities in the southwest side of Chicago.
Yukare began her career as a multi-media journalist at WHBF-TV in the Quad Cities, where she covered everything from feel-good stories to crime stories to severe weather stories.
Yukare is an Emmy-nominated journalist and is part of the National Association of Hispanic Journalists (NAHJ).
Yukare is originally from the suburbs of Chicago. She ventured out of the Midwest when she attended American University in Washington, D.C where she majored in broadcast journalism. Her family is originally from Mexico and speaks Spanish fluently.
This is Yukare's first time living in Wisconsin. She considers herself a foodie and is a big fan of cheese curds.
You can email her at [email protected] You can follow Yukare on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Articles by Yukare Nakayama
- Glendale woman and grandson win more than $20K on 'Wheel of Fortune'
- Lack of sponsorships affecting Milwaukee cultural festivals
- Group of mothers plan drive-thru memorial for Milwaukee gun violence victims
- Beloved Milwaukee artist Cecilio Negron passes away at age 47
- USPS mail truck flips to its side in Waukesha crash, neighbor jumps in to help
- 'Kids are losing their lives': Family members mourn victims of reckless driving crash that killed 5
- Glendale student honored with prestigious US Presidential Scholars award
- Waukesha County bear sightings becoming less unusual
- 'Jeepresent MKE' bonded by love of Jeeps and helping people in need
- UW-Madison student racist rant video goes viral, expert weighs in on what makes hate speech protected or punishable
- Franklin woman dies in I-55 dust storm pileup in Illinois
- Hundreds march in Milwaukee for immigrant rights on May Day
- 'It's going to get worse': Mail carrier thefts on the rise
- Caught on dash cam: Kenosha police rescue 84-year-old man from burning vehicle
- 74-year-old Army vet killed in hit-and-run Sunday morning, police looking for suspect
- 'We want to be about peace and bringing good into their lives': Franciscan Peacemakers make products for women handcrafted with a mission
- Teens dedicate song, create music video for 15-year-old killed trying to break up fight
- Local group of Jeep lovers lends helping hand for south side fire victims
- Milwaukee Jewish Day School dubbed a heart safe school by nationwide initiative
- David Crowley hosts 'Coffee with the County Executive' to talk deep issues in Milwaukee
- 'More kids in our country are dying from guns': ER doctors explain how gunshots damage a child's body
- Courage MKE C2 apartments burglarized; up to $100,000 worth in damages and stolen property
- Eggs prices altering Easter traditions
- FBI recognizes efforts of director of organization that helps victims of sex trafficking
- Supreme Court election: Milwaukee County voter turnout hits new record; state sees nearly 2 million voters
- Man who shot beloved chef 11 times at Loaded Slate sentenced to life in prison
- 'Our kids are killing each other': Mothers of Milwaukee gun violence victims say city isn't doing enough
- 5-year-old shot inside home watching TV; family pleads for community to put the guns down
- Security footage shows 39-year-old man shot in broad daylight after scuffle over bike
- 'Everyone's favorite': Sister of 15-year-old killed in Milwaukee mass shooting speaks out; 15-year-old in custody
- 'Seems like they're lying to customers': Milwaukee Water Works warns of 'aggressive' solicitors; company responds
- Milwaukee real estate group pending purchase of Northridge Mall property
- Documentary dives into systemic clergy abuse in southeast Wisconsin
- Oconomowoc rallies around family displaced by Fiesta Cancun restaurant fire
- How will Biden's push for gun background checks affect Milwaukee?
- Waukesha teen in the works towards exclusive Eagle Scout title
- Milwaukee leaders release 2023 plans to tackle violent crime
- 1 year later: Ukraine family who found refuge in MKE grateful for community support
- 2 Wisconsin women facing domestic terrorism charges in Atlanta's 'Cop City' police training site attack
- Organizations and speakers team up to dedicate a week to violence prevention
- OVP Ashanti Hamilton responds to 8 teens shot in less than a month
- Bucks highlight female-owned businesses at the start of Women's History Month
- Wisconsin lawmakers' 2nd attempt to allow DACA recipients path to police and sheriff jobs
- New municipal port director makes history as first woman and person of color to hold position
- 5-year-old boy shoots, kills self with unattended gun near 29th and National
- 13-year-old killed after shots fired at home near 47th and Fiebrantz
- Mystery surrounding stolen Picasso art piece from local art gallery continues after 5 years
- Doctor says FDA approval of over-the-counter Narcan will save lives in Milwaukee County
- 21-year-old man killed after being struck by 3 vehicles; pedestrian deaths hit all-time high in 2022
- Competency hearing rescheduled for 10-year-old who allegedly shot mother in the face
- Lake Country Fire & Rescue in need of more state funds, response time increases 34% due to staffing
- Memorial for fallen Officer Peter Jerving growing outside of Milwaukee Police District 4
- 'The more they see it, the more they know that people can pursue their dreams': Bucks head video coordinator quietly breaking NBA coaching barriers
- 15-year-old girl latest victim of gun violence in Milwaukee; advocates, mayor speak out
- We Energies bills high -- here's what you can do to decrease the cost
- Warming center turns into overnight shelter for homeless during deadly cold temperatures
- MPD issues crime alert: Increase in robberies in downtown 'entertainment areas' and Murray Hill
- Court backlog prolongs pursuit of justice for families of young couple killed in reckless crash
- Alleged dating app predator, accused of holding woman against her will for hours, pleads not guilty in Milwaukee Co. court
- Cookies for causes: Kate's Caring Cookies supports local non-profits
- Doorbell footage captures man shooting at home with mother, children inside; suspect arrested
- City of Racine invests more than $500K in violence prevention
- Milwaukee homicides up 11% in 2022; what's next for the Office of Violence Prevention?
- Milwaukee Co. sees lowest homeless population per capita in 2022, but specialists say number is on the rise
- 'I'm just really grateful that she's safe': Owner reunited with French bulldogs stolen from Milwaukee home
- 'Very likeable, lovable person': Woman found dead in Timothy Olson's bed identified
- Southwest Airlines expected to resume normal hours Friday after travel chaos
- Versiti Blood Center of Wisconsin needs your help as blood shortage continues
- Kindness begets kindness: Sheboygan 'Pay it Forward' group extends help to local children for third year
- Travelers and airport bracing themselves for winter storm
- Milwaukee Latino family adopts twins, encouraging other Latino families to take the step
- MPD officer recruits get new service weapons following accidental discharge incidents
- Alleged dating app predator Timothy Olson wants new representation
- More than 100 animals, including turkey, gators, rescued from makeshift pet store in Milwaukee
- Creative force: Ms. Yesenia's Creative Studio provides creative space for Latino community
- Woman accused of killing friend with eye drops files motion to dismiss homicide charges
- 'He's evil': Victim, half-brother of Timothy Olson discuss dating app 'predator'
- Dating app 'predator' denies allegations in phone call with CBS 58; served time for victimization of woman in 2006
- First gay couple legally married in Milwaukee reacts to Senate passing same-sex marriage bill
- Waukesha could be birthplace of U.S soccer, historians say