Two barns a total loss in Washington County
WASHINGTON COUNTY, Wis. (CBS 58) -- Early Friday morning around 4:15 a.m. the Washington County Sheriff’s Office was notified of a small barn fire located at County Highway W in Addison.
Someone called 911 after passing by and noticed smoke and flames from an old milk parlor which was located next to the main barn on the property. After calling 911, the passerby stopped his car and woke up owner of the barns.
Within moments of the first arriving deputy, the fire jumped from the old milking parlor to the main barn. That barn quickly became fully engulfed with flames. The fire also caused smoke and heat damage to a 3-car metal pull barn located next to the main barn as well as the residential three car garage.
The milk parlor and main barn were total losses.
Eight fire departments responded to the blaze.
Firefighters believe the fire was electrical. There was a heat lamp as well as heated water dish in the milking parlor for the homeowner's cats in the area where the fire started.
No one was injured.