Stimulus payments could be deposited in bank accounts as early as next week, Baldwin says

WISCONSIN (CBS 58) -- Federal lawmakers are providing more insight about when American families can expect to see the federal payments they've been promised.

Stimulus checks are a key component of the $2.2 trillion COVID-19 economic relief package President Donald Trump signed that is being dubbed "The CARES Act."

People could see the stimulus payments deposited in their bank accounts as early as next week if they filed tax returns for 2018 or 2019 and the federal government has their direct deposit information, according to U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin.

"I don't know if they can press a button and do it for a couple hundred million at once or whether they have to sort of do it gradually over time. But next week is what we're hearing," Baldwin said Friday.

Individuals with an annual income of up to $75,000 who filed tax returns for either 2019 or 2018 will receive $1,200. Married couples with a combined household income of up to $150,000 will receive a $2,400 payment. They will receive an additional 500 dollars for each dependent child under 17 years old.

Individuals making more than $75,000 but less than $99,000 are eligible to receive slower stimulus checks, as are married couples who make a combined annual of income of more than $150,000 but less than $198,000.

Find out if you're eligible for stimulus payments here.

Baldwin said it will likely take longer than a week to see the stimulus checks for people who receive Social Security benefits and don't file tax returns, people who don't have bank accounts and people who have changed addresses. There will also be challenges in getting stimulus checks to people who are homeless, but Baldwin said they are eligible.

She said there are still some "kinks" that need to be worked out. For example, dependent children older than 16 years old currently don't qualify for the $500 payments.

"Colleges have closed. Children have moved back home. They're not qualifying for the $500, and we have to fix that. That'll have to be fixed legislatively," Baldwin said Friday.

She said Congress is currently working on another COVID-19 relief package.

The Internal Revenue Service has also created a new online tool where non-filers can answer a few questions in order to get their stimulus payments. Go to the IRS' website and find "Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here."

CatherineMurphy 4 days ago
The second round of the stimulus payments has not been voted or pass yet false information
DebbyWestDavis 4 days ago
I got the response it was deposited on may 28th. The correct account shows. But yet nothing in my account. I don’t understand
NigelWagner 4 days ago
Some people already got their second stimulus payments and the rest of the people never gotten their first ones yet.the people saying they got their second stimulus payments are liars because the bill has not pass yet
David 5 days ago
I finally got thru on the irs portal but I don’t recognize the bank account this happen to anybody else ?
NigelWagner David 4 days ago
Yes that is the banking account number to the direct express card bank
addie 8 days ago
anyone know how to get ahold of an actual person from the IRS instead of hearing the same annoying automated voice say the same thing a billion times? tried like 4 different numbers & heard the same thing over & over again
Load previous comments
it didn’t 😭 same automated shit lol
it’s okay my payment got deposited 30 minutes ago, thank you for tryna help though 😊
I’m so glad to hear that.
NigelWagner 8 days ago
I'm just wondering if the second round of stimulus payments includes people on ssi ssdi and veterans and social security or it just get. Bacl to work
Patricia 9 days ago
I have a friend that still hasn't received her payment,does anyone know what she should do?she gets 1099 and hasn't did her taxes in 5years , but her boss has done hers so I'm sure her boss gave my friends information to IRS, but does anyone think she should do anything?
Non filers form to the IRS. Fill it out and submit it. My friend did it on Mothers’s Day and for her money on May 22.
Patricia 9 days ago
If my direct express card says my stimlus payment is pending can I get a loan before may28th
David 10 days ago
Did non filers on 14th linked paypal cash card still nothing pending
NigelWagner 11 days ago
I'm wondering if we a other stimulus payment will it go on. The direct express card and when can we expect it
NigelWagner 11 days ago
Who is included in the heros act is that including on people ssdi and ssi and veterans pay and social security or just certain people
addie 12 days ago
haven’t gotten anything & i’m on ssdi with a rep payee .. so tired of waiting this isn’t fair
NigelWagner addie 11 days ago
Your rep payee should get it for you on the 27th
addie NigelWagner 11 days ago
deposited or just pending?
Karla 12 days ago
Just checked my 1200 is pending
Amanda Karla 12 days ago
Mine is too... I had to call twice to make sure lol 😆😂... Thank God 🙏
It's about damn time we get our money
Karla Amanda 12 days ago
Been a long journey. If there happens to be another one we can all stress again. At least we all has each other during this.
There should be a second one passed in June or early July I been hearing.
Then we can all do this again. Lol
Amanda 12 days ago
If you haven't received a date yet for your stimulus payment call this number. It's the IRS and u will get through. Trust me, I did and got a payment date for May 28.
The number is 1800-829-0582 ext
#652. It's about an hour wait time, but it's worth it. Let me know how it goes 😃
Karla Amanda 12 days ago
I was they could not help me
Karla Karla 12 days ago
The guy I spoke to earlier told me could not tell me anything about my stimulus because I was on social security. Only thing he said was they are behind and I will get one
DraymondLarsenRider 15 days ago
Update. I get SSDI with rep payee. On monday of last week May 11th, 2020, I decided to use the non-filer form. I submitted it. And I got a note that it was processed successfully within an hour.
On Friday may 15th, 2020 at around 2pm eastern time, i checked IRS website and it stated payment to be deposited on wednesday of may 20th to my own bank account i had provided to irs using non filer.

May 20th is tomorrow, but i got the funds today around noon of may 19th, which is the time the funds were in my account.

Hope the second stimulus passes. Lesson learned is to never wait on auto payments. It is better to use the non-filer. It only takes a week to process and 10 days to get your money.

My heart goes to all those still waiting. I understand how agonizing it is to constantly check IRS website and DE card for pending deposits. I wish they knew the horrible time they are putting people through. I hope u all get it very soon. Blessings to everyone.
sucks when you don’t have access to a regular bank account just direct express card with rep payee
I did that last Thursday still nothing for me payment status not available
Amanda 16 days ago
May 18th and still no frickin stimulus payment 😡
Load previous comments
Amanda Karla 13 days ago
Any good news yet Karla
Karla Amanda 13 days ago
No and if I get no update today then I'm gonna lose it
Amanda Karla 12 days ago
Call this number.. 1800-829-0582 ext. #652. It's about an hour wait time but worth it
Jasmine 17 days ago
Hi have a question I get Social Security for my son who is autistic and ordered a rush card 5 to 7 business days they said I ordered it on May 6 still haven’t received it so will I get a payment or will I get a check in the mail I have no idea My son Is 10 im his PAyee so do we even get a stimulus check
Hi Jasmine, Well I'm thinking that you will get it the Same way you always get your Son's Regular Payment, but yeah You should get one, I'm just not 💯 sure how.