Rose Schmidt, Reporter
Rose loves to tell stories and highlight the issues that matter most to the community, and she couldn't be more thrilled to being doing that in the Milwaukee area. She joined the CBS 58 team in December 2019 after covering politics in Madison at News 3 Now/Channel 3000 for the last two years. She's happy to be living in the Badger State, which she's come to call home.
During her time in the capital city, Rose covered the 2018 election cycle when Wisconsin voters elected a new administration and the contentious year at the state Capitol following the transition. Some of her most emotional stories included historic flooding in southern Wisconsin, a deadly explosion in Sun Prairie and a workplace shooting in Middleton.
Rose is a proud graduate of the Missouri School of Journalism at the University of Missouri-Columbia (M-I-Z!) and briefly lived in Atlanta while she was interning for the Social Discovery team at CNN. She grew up in the Chicago suburbs, so she's happy to be within a few hours of her immediate family. When she's not working, Rose can usually be found singing at her piano or enjoying the great bars and restaurants Milwaukee has to offer.
Some of Rose's favorite things: Taylor Swift, grammar, cats, Pepsi, coffee and One Tree Hill.
Fun facts: She was once briefed by a U.S. Cabinet member, she's been skydiving and she had a story published on the front page of the print edition of USA Today.
Articles by Rose Schmidt
- Veteran Racine police officer dies following Feb. 9 crash in Racine County
- Classmates hope for safe return after UW-Milwaukee student reported missing
- Milwaukee-area couples tie the knot at the courthouse, brewery on Valentine's Day
- Students raise concerns about pedestrian safety after Marquette dean killed in crash
- Milwaukee alderman calls for stricter penalties for impaired drivers after two pedestrians hit and killed
- Retired couple's love takes flight at Mitchell International Airport
- 'He was a light to anyone who he came around': Family identifies 5-year-old boy shot near Lovers Lane
- MPS board remembers deputy-involved crash victim: 'How do you replace somebody who is that dedicated?'
- Where Friends Meet: Friends-themed coffee shop set to open in Twin Lakes
- 'So full of life': Milwaukee firefighters remember one of their own who died suddenly
- The One with the 'Friends' Coffeehouse: 'Cup O' Joe' set to open later this month in Twin Lakes
- Family identifies pregnant woman shot and killed on party bus near 60th and Congress; delivered baby boy
- 7 hurt, including 4 children, in crash near Hopkins and Congress
- County officials say federal aid could make a difference with storm damage
- Two years after Sterling Brown's arrest: Lawyer hopes new settlement offer comes soon
- Man faces fifth-offense OWI, 6 other charges after high-speed chase ends in rollover crash
- Oak Creek neighbors concerned about coal dust after fence damaged outside coal plant
- Public works departments prepare for weekend snowfall, storm
- Viking Cruises announces new trips from Port Milwaukee
- Young man apologizes to Racine thrift shop after he tries to vandalize it
- Floodwaters threaten Pleasant Prairie homes after winter storm, high winds
- Icy roads, high winds cause headaches for drivers throughout the area
- Brookfield woman wins '2020 Wisconsin Mother of the Year' award
- Waterford woman missing quilt made from deceased husband's Star Wars t-shirts
- Ordinances in Cedarburg, Mequon limit some homeowners from renting homes during DNC
- 'He didn't deserve this:' Death of 1-year-old near 25th and Atkinson being investigated as homicide
- Emotional send-off for Burlington Rescue Squad as it disbands, merges with city fire department
- Dozens of homeowners spend weekend cleaning after large water main break
- Hartford woman aims to make sure soldiers receive packages this holiday season
- Brookfield mom advocates for son with special needs, inspires universal changing station bill
- 'We'll be there:' First responders spend Christmas Day at work, ready to respond to emergencies
- 14,000 in 14 years: Hartford woman aims to make sure soldiers receive packages this holiday season
- Neighbors shaken after fatal shooting near Farwell and Kane
- 49 degrees in December? Wisconsin golfers call it an 'excellent Christmas present'
- Fans pack theaters for 'Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker' premiere
- Ozaukee County sheriff honors family, first responders with saving man's life after cardiac arrest
- Holiday decorations at Port Washington chocolate shop vandalized; community steps up to help
- Could judge's ruling on voter rolls affect 2020 election cycle?
- Couple moves cross country to Racine, has dispute with moving company over belongings
- Hundreds of Milwaukee-area students walk out of class after violent incidents in schools
- GOP support grows to legalize medical marijuana in Wisconsin