Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Dane County home a total loss after homeowner burns cardboard in unattended grill on deck

DANE COUNTY, Wis. (CBS 58) -- A Town of Cottage Grove home is a total loss after a fire on Sunday afternoon.

Dane County Sheriff's Office Deputies were dispatched to a home in the 2200 block of Appaloosa Lane around 4:09 p.m.

Initial investigation reveals that a homeowner was burning cardboard in an unattended grill on their deck. The home then started on fire.

According to the Sheriff's Office, the home is a total loss and the estimated value of the damage is in excess of $200,000.

No injuries were reported.

Salvation Army is assisting the residents.


Share this article:
Save with