Canceled, postponed events due to coronavirus -- here's a growing list
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to spread around the world, tournaments, events, games and businesses have been canceled, while others have been postponed or adjusted.
Here's a look at the growing list:
**ALL public and private schools K-12 in Wisconsin closing March 18 or sooner.**
- Atlas Preparatory Academy will be closed starting March 16 through April 13
- Badger High School will be closed starting March 16 through April 5
- Cardinal Stritch University is suspending face-to-face classes through the end of the spring semester
- Carroll University is suspending face-to-face classes through end of spring semester, will hold virtual commencement ceremony
- Carter's Christian Academy will be closed Monday March 16
- Concordia University suspends face-to-face instruction
- Cudahy School District closed through April 13
- Danceworks closed through March 29
- Eastview Elementary School will be closed starting March 16 through April 5
- Elmbrook Schools move to virtual learning starting Monday, March 16
- Greenfield School District will be closed starting March 16 through April 3
- Lake Geneva Middle School will be closed starting March 16 through April 5
- Lakeland School of Walworth County will be closed March 16 through April 5
- Marquette University suspends in-person classes through end of spring semester, postpones commencement
- Menomonee Falls School District moves to virtual learning starting Monday, March 16
- Milwaukee Area Technical College (MATC) will suspend classes from March 16-March 21 with the exception of classes taught 100 percent online. This impacts day and evening classes at all four campuses, education centers and community sites
- Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design (MIAD) extends spring break, moves to online course instruction
- Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE) is suspending all in-person and online classes March 13-20. Beginning March 23, all classes will resume in an online format until April 9, with an expectation that classes will resume on campus April 13
- Oconomowoc Area School District closed March 16 through April 6
- Seeds of Health Elementary will be closed March 17 through April 13
- Star Center Elementary School will be closed starting March 16 through April 5
- Tenor High School will be closed starting March 18 through April 13
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee suspends in-person classes for the rest of the spring semester
- Veritas High School will be closed starting March 18 through April 13
- Waukesha County Technical College is suspending face-to-face classes from March 23-29 with the exception of Truck Driving, Criminal Justice-Law Enforcement Academy, internships and Small Business Center courses. Online courses will continue.
- Ascension Wisconsin limits one visitor per patient, postpones all elective procedures
- Aurora Sinai Medical Center implements no-visitor policy, with few exceptions
- Children's Wisconsin postpones all non-time-sensitive surgeries, clinic appointments
- Froedtert Menomonee Falls Hospital no longer allowing inpatient visitation, suspending classes and support groups
- Milwaukee VA Medical Center restricts most visitors beginning March 17
- ProHealth Waukesha Memorial and ProHealth Oconomowoc limits hospital visitation, suspends support groups/classes and events
LOCAL BUSINESSES AND PUBLIC PLACES
**ALL bars and restaurants closed in 16 Milwaukee County municipalities aside from carry-out and delivery effective March 17.**
- 7 Mile Fair closed until further notice
- Abercrombie & Fitch closed all stores March 15
- Alice Baker Library in Eagle will be closing March 18 through April 6.
- AMC Theatres are closed at all locations until further notice
- Apple stores closed through March 27
- Betty Brinn Children's Museum will close temporarily starting March 14
- Boys & Girls Club of Greater Milwaukee locations closed until April 13
- Brookfield Square mall is closed until further notice
- Charles Allis and Villa Terrace Art Museums closed through the end of March
- COA Youth & Family Centers will be closed from March 16-April 13
- Colectivo Coffee closed all cafe locations until April 1
- CORE El Centro closed from March 16-29
- Corners of Brookfield closes all non-essential retail tenants from March 17-29 tentatively.
- Discovery World temporarily closed to the public starting March 14, and all events and public programs are canceled. They intend to reopen April 1
- Downer Theatre is temporarily closed.
- Garcade in Menomonee Falls is closing until further notice.
- Good City Brewing is closing its downtown taproom until further notice.
- Humane Animal Welfare Society of Waukesha conducting adoption services online, events suspended
- Humane Societies -- Ozaukee, Racine and Door County campuses are closed until further notice.
- Jewish Community Center closed until April 17
- Kohl's stores closed until at least April 1
- Lakefront Brewery will be closing to the public as of Friday, March 13 until further notice. Affected event cancellations include March 15th's Keg Stand Up, March 17th's Drag Queen Bingo and all tours
- Macy's is closed through March 31.
- Marcus Performing Arts Center closed through April 12
- Marcus Theatres closing all screens until further notice as of March 17.
- Milwaukee Art Museum is closed with a tentative open date of April 7.
- Milwaukee County Zoo closed until further notice
- Milwaukee Public Library locations closed through March 29
- Milwaukee Public Market closed March 18 until further notice
- Milwaukee Public Museum is closed until further notice
- National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum closed until further notice starting March 15
- Oak Creek Public Library closed March 14-29
- Oriental Theatre will be closing March 14-April 9
- Pabst Mansion will be closed through April 6
- Pewaukee Library is closed until further notice
- Racine Public Library will be closed while the Racine Unified School District is shut down.
- Sprecher Brewery has temporarily suspended tours and events
- Stone Creek Coffee is temporarily closing all 13 locations effective March 16 at 5 p.m.
- The Smiley Barn closing March 20
- United Way of Washington County Hartford resource center closed March 16 to April 13
- Wisconsin DMVs closed March 20-23 for deep cleaning. In-person services will then be limited to appointment only.
- YMCA of Greater Waukesha County -- all branches closed through April 5.
- YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee closing all facilities March 15-April 1
**Effective March 17 Gov. Evers has banned all gatherings of 10 people or more.**
- Elmbrook Humane Society's Paws for a Cause Dinner & Auction postponed
- Festa Italiana 2020 canceled
- First Stage cancels all remaining performances for the 2019/20 season.
- Flat Out Friday scheduled Friday, March 13 at Fiserv Forum is postponed
- Italian Community Center cancels St. Joseph's Day Luncheon, General Membership & Dinner, and Milwaukee Mandolin Orchestra. Spring Bocce League Season is postponed and movie nights are postponed until April 10.
- Jazz in the Park's opening night postponed until June 4
- Milwaukee Marathon has been canceled
- Pasta Fest 2020 supporting Women for MACC canceled
- St. Patrick's Day Parade canceled in City of Milwaukee, Town of Erin, and on Bluemound St.
- Summerfest postponed to September
- Wildlife in Need Center's Annual Pancake Breakfast canceled
- Alice Cooper postpones April 4 concert at Miller High Life Theatre
- Back Room @ Colectivo has postponed numerous shows.
- Blake Shelton's 'Friends and Heroes' tour postponed
- Dan + Shay postpone and reschedule spring tour
- Elton John Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour dates postponed, including Fiserv Forum stop
- Kenny Chesney postpones 2020 Chillaxification Tour at Miller Park
- Michael Bublé tour dates postponed
- Milwaukee Ballet cancels all performances of PUSH from March 26-29
- Milwaukee County Symphony Orchestra cancels performances through April 26
- Milwaukee Repertory Theater suspends all performances, public events through April 5
- Pabst Theater has postponed numerous shows/concerts. Please visit their website for further details.
- Riverside Theater has postponed numerous shows/concerts. Please visit their website for further details.
- Skylight Music Theatre has postponed shows until May.
- Turner Hall has postponed numerous shows/concerts. Please visit their website for further details.
- WWE Live 'Road to WrestleMania' at Fiserv Forum March 28 canceled
**For a breakdown of Wisconsin banks with open lobbies & those with only drive-up access, click here.
- Associated Bank is suspending lobby service at most locations
- Equitable Bank is temporarily suspending lobby service
- Old National Bank offering drive-up access only or service by appointment
- PNC Bank is primarily offering drive-up access only
- Waterstone Bank is limited to drive-up access only
- Lambeau Field closes public operations for two weeks beginning March 13 -- all Lambeau Field Atrium businesses, including the Packers Pro Shop, Packers Hall of Fame and 1919 Kitchen & Tap, as well as all team-run public activities in Titletown, the playground and 46 below.
- Milwaukee County jury services canceled March 16 through April 3
- Milwaukee County Parks facilities and Milwaukee County Senior Centers are closed until further notice.
- Milwaukee Municipal Court closed to the public March 16 through May 1
- Wisconsin State Capitol tours canceled