Kewaskum house likely a total loss after sparks from roof work start fire

KEWASKUM, Wis. (CBS 58) -- On Wednesday, October 18 around 12:09 p.m. the Washington County Sheriff’s Office received a report that the house located at 8975 Highland Dr. in Kewaskum was on fire. The caller reported smoke and flames coming from the house.

11 fire departments responded to the fire.

Officials say there was work being done of the roof by a contractor who had been grinding some flashing which produced sparks. The contractor left and one of his workers stayed behind. A little later the worker saw the smoke and flames in the area where the work was being done.

Traffic on Highland Drive was shut down to allow the firefighters to work.

The house was not occupied at the time of the fire and there were no reported injuries associated with the fire.

The fire was put out around 1:52 p.m.

According to officials, the house is likely a total loss.

Share this article: