DOT Reminds Viewers to Slow Down as Snow Approaches
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation would like to remind motorists to be cautious if traveling in what could be hazardous conditions. Drifting snow could make driving very difficult this weekend.
Areas could see 6 to 10 inches, with the highest amounts across far southern Wisconsin. Snow removal resources are engaged in impacted regions, as roads are being pre-treated.
For areas of the state being impacted, WisDOT advises against travel on Sunday, unless absolutely necessary. If traveling, please use the following tips:
- Clear snow and ice from all windows and lights before driving.
- Go slow. Remember the posted speed limits are for dry pavement.
- Leave plenty of room for stopping.
- Leave room for maintenance vehicles and plows.
- Use brakes carefully. Brake early. Brake correctly.
- Watch for slippery bridge decks, even when the rest of the pavement is in good condition.
- Don't get overconfident in your 4x4 vehicle.
- Don't use your cruise control in wintry conditions.