Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Two Injured after Motorized Fuel Siphon Catches Fire in Garage

On Tuesday, November 15 at approximately 10:40 AM the Ozaukee Sheriff’s Office responded to a house on State Highway 33 in the Town of Saukville for the report of a garage fire. When Deputies arrived on scene flames were visible and the garage was fully engulfed.

The investigation revealed that the homeowner, identified as 41-year-old Christopher Unger, was using a motorized siphon to remove gas from a boat fuel tank when it ignited. Mr. Unger sustained serious, but non-life threatening, burns on his hands and legs. He was transported to Aurora Medical Center.

14 fire departments responded to the blaze and a Newburg firefighter sustained a heat related injury and was transported to Aurora Medical Center.

The fire resulted in a total loss to the house and is being investigated but does not appear suspicious.

Share this article: