Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

This is why you never plug a space heater into a power strip

MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- Colder temperatures have arrived and that means people are pulling out their space heaters. It's also a time to remind people the safety hazards that go with using heating equipment. 

The Electrical Safety Foundation International says heating equipment is the second leading cause of home fires in the U.S. with more than 65,000 fires being attributed to them each year.

As a reminder for those who use space heaters, you should never plug them into a power strip

The Professional Firefighters of Wisconsin Charitable Foundation Group says power strips are not designed to handle the high current flow needed for a space heater and can overheat or even catch fire due to the added energy flow. 

Share this article:
Save with
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close

0 Comments

Post a comment
Be the first to leave a comment!
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?