New menu items, special events announced for NLDS at American Family Field
MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- Take me out to the ballpark to try these foods!
American Family Field foodservice partner Delaware North announced the addition of several specialty menu items for the National League Division Series (NLDS) and an action-packed event lineup for away games.
When the Brewers host Games 1 and 2 on Friday and Saturday, Oct. 8 and 9, American Family Field will feature several new specialty items in general concessions. In addition to visiting the locations in general concessions areas, fans can use the MLB Ballpark app to order online – with options for in-seat delivery or pickup. The new items – which feature products from Wisconsin-based Johnsonville, Sargento and Milwaukee Pretzel Co. – include:
- Johnsonville Bratzilla: Johnsonville Brat on a Milwaukee Pretzel Roll with fried kraut and Secret Stadium Sauce. Found on Field, Loge, Terrace and Club Levels.
- Johnsonville Corn Brat: Deep-fried Johnsonville Brat with house-made beer batter, served with yellow mustard. Found on Field, Loge, Terrace and Club Levels.
- Full Count Cristo: Sargento Swiss Cheese and Ham on French toast with grape jelly. Served at both the Sargento Grilled Cheese Stand (Section 129) and Chef’s Table Club Level.
- Salted Caramel & Toffee Milwaukee Pretzel: Milwaukee Pretzel topped with salted caramel and toffee. Found on Field, Loge and Terrace Levels.
- S’More Milwaukee Pretzel: Milwaukee Pretzel topped with marshmallows and chocolate sauce. Found on Field, Loge and Terrace Levels.
While the Brewers are in Atlanta on Oct. 11 and Tuesday for Games 3 and 4 (if necessary), fans can not only watch at Restaurant To Be Named Later – the full-service restaurant at American Family Field – but family-friendly activities and promotions include:
•Appearances by Brewers alumni “Stormin’” Gorman Thomas and Jim Gantner (Oct. 11) and Jim Gantner and Vinny Rottino (Oct. 12)
•Free appetizer with $50 Brewers Team Store Purchase
•10 percent off at Restaurant To Be Named Later with $100 Team Store purchase
•Be first in line to purchase NLCS gear at the Brewers Team Store if the team advances
•Live 620 WTMJ radio broadcast
•Exclusive show before the game begins with Bally Sports Wisconsin’s Dario Melendez and Tim Dillard
•Take pictures with all five Johnsonville Famous Racing Sausages and Bernie Brewer
•Free giveaways, including Brewers hats, lanyards, pennants and limited-edition postseason “Claws Up” posters
•Opportunity to win other prizes including baseballs autographed by Brewers Wall of Honor members Geoff Jenkins, Rickie Weeks, Cecil Cooper, Carlos Gomez and Greg Vaughn
•Live music with DJ King James
•Specialty NLDS menu items, including:
Wisconsin Fish Fry Sandwich: Beer-battered cod with a creamy Brussel slaw, house-made potato latkes, lemon caper tartar sauce on toasted rye
Wisconsin Grilled Cheese: Johnsonville bratwurst patty with muenster, Havarti and cheddar cheeses, along with bacon-and-beer kraut and ale mustard on rustic sourdough
Brandy Old Fashioned Sundae: Vanilla ice cream with an orange liquor, Angostura bitters syrup, brandied black cherries and a brûléed orange slice
Reservations are recommended for Restaurant To Be Named Later and can be made at RTBNL.com. The restaurant will open at 11 AM on Oct. 11 and 12 with event programming starting one hour before first pitch. Check your local listings for game times when announced.