Muskego PD: Man arrested in tactical incident, no injuries reported

Muskego PD: Man arrested in tactical incident, no injuries reported

MUSKEGO, Wis. (CBS 58) -- A two-hour standoff in a residential neighborhood ended with a suspect peacefully surrendering Friday, Aug. 6.

Muskego police issued a warning Friday evening, asking those in the area near Longfellow Lane and Kipling to avoid the area "at all costs."

A domestic violence call went out around 3:30 p.m., sending police to Longfellow Lane. A report of possible shots fired inside the home rocked the quiet community. 

"It's kind of really, it's like shaken a little bit that this is happening so close to home, you know?" neighbor Tracie Lobdell said. 

A 41-year-old man was inside, refusing to come out. A woman and her son, who neighbors say live there too, had been able to get out.

"They were both distraught, crying, figured something had to happen with the boyfriend that lived there," said neighbor Katie Lomas.

For two hours, the Suburban Critical Incident Team could be heard over a loud speaker, trying to talk to the gunman.

"There was a male subject who was armed with a firearm. There were shots fired on scene," said Muskego Police Lt. Jim Rozeski.

Neighbors heard the shots both before and during the SWAT call. Some gathered down the street.

"Yeah, we just live up the road so we're like, let's make sure our neighbors were -- to make sure everyone's okay," said Lobdell.

"Got a bunch of text messaging asking if we were safe," said Lomas.

Police set up road blocks and an alert went out on cellphones, warning people in the immediate area to take shelter in the lowest level.

"It was like blocked off by the police and they were holding a big shotgun," said neighbor Julien Jay.

"And she's like you need to go home right now. There's somebody with a gun. You need to turn around immediately, get somewhere safe," neighbor Kiara Lyons added.

Around 5:30 p.m., our camera was rolling as the suspect walked out, following police commands to raise his hands, turn around and take off his shirt. 

There were no shots fired by officers, and no injuries to the suspect or law enforcement. 

Police ask residents to avoid the area while officials continue to process the scene, which could take several more hours.

The case will be forwarded to the Waukesha County District Attorney's Office for prosecution. 

Share this article: