Bodycam video: 3-year-old child rescued from fire in West Allis
WEST ALLIS, Wis. (CBS 58) -- West Allis police released bodycam footage of the moment 3-year-old M.J. Sancinati-Struck was saved from a house fire.
His mother, Noelle Guy, and his grandmother, Kim Guy, both are suffering from second and third-degree burns.
Noelle Guy said her family is now indebted to the West Allis first responders for rescuing her son.
"I just want to thank them for getting my kid out safe," said Guy.
M.J. is currently recovering from carbon monoxide poisoning at Children's Wisconsin but was left without a scratch. His mom is attributing that to the quick action of the fire and police department. His mother said he is now on 40% oxygen rather than 50% as he was before.
Kim Guy is currently in an induced coma, suffering from second and third-degree burns.
"She has COVID-19 positive and pneumonia. I just want her to get better," said Guy.
She said the fire department said the fire could've been caused by an electrical issue on the front porch.
West Allis police released body camera footage from the scene showing the rescue of the 3-year-old boy. Watch it below:
A GoFundMe has been created to help the family. CLICK HERE for more.
This is MJ, identified by family as the 3-year-old boy who was rescued from a mobile home fire in West Allis over the weekend. Family tells CBS 58 his sister and stepmother were also injured in the fire. All are in stable condition. Click here for more: https://t.co/AQKE7sOCkapic.twitter.com/OxnsaBUt7V— CBS 58 News (@CBS58) June 20, 2022