Two Local Students Competing in JEOPARDY! College Championship
Class is in session for 15 of America’s brightest students when the JEOPARDY! College Championship begins Monday, February 13. The winner will claim the $100,000 grand prize and a berth in the next edition of the Tournament of Champions.
Two students local to southeast Wisconsin are competing in the competition. Allison Holley is a senior at Lawrence University in Appleton but is from Racine and Julia Marsan is a senior from Brookfield who attends Georgetown University.
“The College Championship is always a fun event for me, because I get to spend every day in the company of bright college students,” said JEOPARDY! host Alex Trebek. “Whether they attend large institutions or small ones, public universities or private colleges, they’re all tough competitors with a great sense of school spirit.”
Here are the College Championship contestants, in alphabetical order:
- Zach Atwell, a senior at University of Kentucky (Lexington, Ky.) from Lexington, Ky.
- Alex Bourzutschky, a junior at the California Institute of Technology (Pasadena, Calif.) from Potomac, Md.
- Lilly Chin, a senior at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Cambridge, Mass.) from Decatur, Ga.
- Esteban Fernandez, a freshman at San Francisco State University (San Francisco, Calif.) from Coronado, Calif.
- Mari Hanley, a junior at Stetson University (DeLand, Fla.) from Lighthouse Point, Fla.
- Allison Holley, a senior at Lawrence University (Appleton, Wisc.) from Racine, Wisc.
- Jennifer Katz, a sophomore at Macalester College (St. Paul, Minn.) from Atlanta, Ga.
- Mohan Malhotra, a freshman at New York University (New York, N.Y.) from Wilmington, Del.
- Julia Marsan, a senior at Georgetown University (Washington, D.C.) from Brookfield, Wisc.
- Viraj Mehta, a junior at Stanford University (Stanford, Calif.) from Austin, Texas
- Netanel Paley, a senior at Yeshiva University (New York, N.Y.) from Teaneck, N.J.
- Clarissa Santori, a senior at Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.) from Ellicott City, Md.
- Corey Schmalzle, a senior at Lehigh University (Bethlehem, Pa.) from Hawley, Pa.
- Gary Tse, a freshman at the United States Naval Academy (Annapolis, Md.) from Ellicott City, Md.
- Hannah Whisnant, a junior at the United States Military Academy (West Point, N.Y.) from Nokomis, Fla.