'Turn yourself in:' Family of pregnant mother killed on party bus wants gunman to come forward

’Turn yourself in: ’ Family of pregnant mother killed on party bus wants gunman to come forward

MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- Family members set up memorials Saturday night to honor the pregnant mother who died after shots were fired near 60th & Congress overnight.

They held a balloon release and shouts of love for Annie Sandifer.

Her father is devastated at the death of his pregnant daughter.

“Any time you can just get hit by a stray bullet, out of nowhere, then how can you be protected?” Sandifer's father, James Office, said.

Police say Sandifer was the victim of gunfire around 2:30 a.m. after shots were fired at a party bus parked outside Gene’s Supper Club.

Her cousins told CBS 58 they were celebrating a family event, and believe Sandifer was an unintended target

“She loved life, and this is just a shameless act," cousin Stephanie Thomas said.

Sandifer, who was 26 weeks pregnant, died at the hospital. Doctors were able to save her son, who family said weighed five pounds.

“Everyone’s going through a hard time right now, especially her husband," Thomas said. “We just really want the person who did this to her to come forward.”

Family tells us Sandifer was 33 years old, and a loving mother of five.

At this point, police do not have any suspects and her father wants justice and peace.

“I’m trying to get all my kids to move out of here because it’s just not safe," he said.

If you know anything that can help police, or help this family call Milwaukee Police or remain anonymous with Crime Stoppers.

Lawrence 17 days ago
"There's people having a good time. My life stinks. Think I'll shoot at them".
RIP.
Now find the killer.
Homer 18 days ago

1. Where do you want your kids to move to?

2. What's the difference between where your kids live, and where you want them to move to?

3. In general, who is responsible for you wanting your kids to move?

Less than half of Milwaukee's shootings are ever solved. The community knows who the shooters are, but refuse to help the Milwaukee Police Department with information...

DarnishaWilson Homer 18 days ago
U sound crazy he just lost his wife and almost his child . Wouldn’t u move out of a danger zone .ppl say the most dumbest thing
James Homer 17 days ago
Less than half of Milwaukee shootings are solved? Is that true? It's possible I guess, can you direct me to reliable statistics that support this? Is this better or worse than the National average?
Homer James 16 days ago
Search: "In Milwaukee, fewer than half of all homicides end in a suspect convicted of a crime."

Homer DarnishaWilson 16 days ago
Thanks for your question.

Yes, I moved my young family out of the Danger Zone. I lived 8 houses south of Sherman Park, on Sherman Blvd. I had my car stolen, my garage broken into several times, and the front door of my house kicked in...

Why did I move my family to safety? What was the Danger? WHO was the Danger? Why was the Danger? What was the primary difference between my Sherman Park neighborhood and the Hartland neighborhood where I moved to?