The Brewers are looking for someone to watch the player's kids
Childcare Attendant - Milwaukee Brewers (Milwaukee, WI)
Responsible for providing a safe, secure and entertaining environment for the children of uniformed Milwaukee Brewers (players, coaches, manager) and executive team travel personnel (team secretary, clubhouse, broadcasters).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide a clean, well-maintained and safe playroom area
- Provide an entertaining and educational environment for the children
- Monitor the children’s activities to ensure their safety at all times
- Greet each parent/guardian with a cheerful and caring attitude
- Make sure parent/guardian sign-in and record their child’s arrival and departure time
- Pay special attention to infant care for safety and other needs
- Keep the child area clean and neat and clear of unsafe objects or activities
- Report any injuries or incidents to the parent and the Family Room Supervisor by incident report
- Adhere to all of the written mandatory standards of operation, policies, procedures, manuals, memos and oral instructions, etc.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings
- Arrive to work on time as scheduled
- Conduct oneself at all times in a manner or professionalism that aligns with the values, philosophies and standards of the facility. This includes wearing a facility approved attire and name tag
- Properly clean, disinfect and maintain the playroom areas, including all toys, equipment, play surfaces and other spaces. Cleaning schedule assigned by the Lead Childcare Attendant.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed by the Childcare Leads or the Family Liaison.
- Verbal and written Spanish language skills when speaking to players and their families.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Fluency in Spanish strongly preferred
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Knowledge of basic child care and feeding, as well as an understanding of infant and child development
- Ability to work well with children and be patient
- Ability to move and react quickly to a variety of circumstances
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED; and one to three years previous childcare experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft office software including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to obtain CPR certification within 60 days of hire, and keep it current throughout employment
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Fluency in Spanish strongly preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Fluency in Spanish strongly preferred.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, which may include heat, cold and various forms of precipitation.
The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud/moderate.
Hours vary according to the game and event schedule. Must be available to work mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends and holidays.