Racine Fire Department: 1 person injured following house fire near Marquette and Albert

RACINE, Wis. (CBS 58) -- One person is recovering following a house fire in Racine Friday afternoon. 

The Racine Fire Department was called out to a kitchen fire near Marquette and Albert around 2:24 p.m.

Upon arrival, smoke could be seen coming from the south side of the home. The fire was contained to the kitchen.

According to the fire department, one person was taken to the hospital. Their condition is currently unknown.

The cause of the fire is believed to be 'unattended cooking.'

An estimated $60,000 in damages was done to the home.

All occupants of the home are making arrangements to stay with family and friends at this time.

Stay with CBS 58 News for more information on this developing story. 

Share this article: