Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Quick Thinking Neighbor Saves House from Fire

On Saturday at 10:47 AM, Fond du Lac Fire and Rescue responded to a report of residential house fire at 614 Guinette Street. 

Upon arrival fire crews located the fire that involved the side of the garage.

The fire was extinguished prior to their arrival by a quick thinking visitor of one of the neighbors. His quick reaction prevented the fire from spreading and limited the damage.

Fire crews worked on scene to complete salvage and overhaul operations. No one was home at the time of the fire. 

The fire was unintentional and caused from spontaneous combustion of a chemical soaked towel.  Fond du Lac Fire/Rescue was assisted on scene by the Fond du Lac Police Department.   

Share this article: