No parking enforcement for July 4th
City of Milwaukee government offices will be closed on Tuesday, July 4 in celebration of Independence Day. However, some Department of Public Works services will be available for limited hours of operation and certain parking restrictions will be lifted.
Garbage, Recycling, and Self-Help Centers:
- There will be no garbage and recycling pick-up on Tuesday, July 4
- Drop-Off Centers will be closed on July 3 and 4, re-opening on July 5
- No parking meter enforcement on Tuesday, July 4
- No overnight parking enforcement Monday night into Tuesday morning (July 4 from 2:00 to 6:00 AM), and Tuesday night into Wednesday morning (July 5 from 2:00 to 6:00 AM)
- Overnight parking enforcement resumes on Wednesday night into Thursday morning (July 6 from 2:00 to 6:00 AM)
- OPEN: Tuesday, July 4 – 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon
Milwaukee Water Works:
- 24-hour drinking water service and Emergency Control Center: (414) 286-3710
- The Customer Service Center will be closed on Tuesday, July 4
- Customers can pay their Municipal Services Bill online at milwaukee.gov/water. For automated account information, please call (414) 286-2830
Bridge Openings & Closings:
- Go to milwaukee.gov/mpw for July 3rd fireworks and Summerfest information
For other requests, schedules, and information, residents should call (414) 286-CITY (-2489) or visit the DPW website at milwaukee.gov/mpw.