Milwaukee DPW offering free backyard composting classes
MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- The City of Milwaukee Department of Public Works is partnering with the Keep Greater Milwaukee Beautiful and the Milwaukee Public Library to host free Introduction to Basic Backyard Composting classes this summer.
When and Where
Keep Greater Milwaukee Beautiful
Tuesday, July 23, 2-3 p.m.
Milwaukee Public Library Branches
- Tippecanoe: Tuesday, July 30, 6-7 p.m
- Capitol: Tuesday, August 6, 2-3 p.m.
- Bay View: Wednesday, August 14, 6-7 p.m.
- East: Wed, August 21, 6-7 p.m.
- Zablocki: Wednesday, August 28, 2-3 p.m.
What is Composting?
Composting is a natural process that turns organic material like food scraps into a dark, rich substance. This substance, called compost, is a wonderful conditioner for soil.
For more information click here.