Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Malfunctioning refrigerator forces evacuation of Fond du Lac grocery store

FOND DU LAC, Wis. (CBS 58) -- Early Saturday afternoon, February 2, Fond du Lac firefighters responded to the Festival Foods grocery store on Johnson Street for a report of smoke coming from the refrigeration room.

When firefighters arrived the building was being evacuated. 

Firefighters found the source of the smoke in a unit that was leaking oil. HazMat team identified the type of oil and determined it wasn't toxic.

It took 90 minutes for the smoke to be removed from the store.

No injuries were reported.

Share this article:
Save with
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close

0 Comments

Post a comment
Be the first to leave a comment!
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?