Please note: Over-the-air viewers in Milwaukee need to re-scan televisions on Friday, October 18 to continue to receive CBS58, WMLW, MeTV, Telemundo Wisconsin, Heroes & Icons, Bounce, Decades, Start TV, Movies! and most other local channels. Those viewers unable to currently receive these stations over-the-air should see improved reception on October 18. Cable and satellite viewers are not impacted.

Further information on the re-scan can be found at:
https://www.cbs58.com/rescan

Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Magazine Falling on Candle Causes Racine Apartment Building Fire

An early Thursday evening fire at the Lincoln School Apartments displaced at least two tenants.

A resident was sitting in her recliner and a magazine fell from her chair onto a candle that she had sitting on a metal tray on the floor next to her. The paper from the magazine ignited setting the chair on fire.

The woman was able to get out and fire alarms notified the other residents of the building and the sprinkler system contained the fire until the fire department could extinguish the fire.

Share this article:
Save with
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close

0 Comments

Post a comment
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?