Governor Walker will veto several budget items after Senate passes budget
Posted: Sep 16, 2017 6:39 PM CDT
“Thank you to the members of the State Senate for approving our budget that will put more actual dollars into K-12 education than ever before. We are providing historic increases in funding for our public schools and we are lowering property taxes for the typical home at the same time. This budget proves you can do both, and I look forward to signing it into law soon. We are working and winning for Wisconsin.”
In addition, Governor Walker agreed to veto the following budget items after discussions with the Wisconsin State Senate:
- Modifications to Public Finance Authority
- Initial Applicability of the Repeal of Prevailing Wage Law
- Transportation Projects Commission Changes
- Transfer of Segregated Funds (WisDOT Fed Swap)
- Tolling Implementation Study
- Energy Efficiency Revenue Limit Adjustment
- School District Referenda Scheduling
- State Capitol Basement Renovations
- Local Regulation of Quarries – Governor Walker is vetoing this item because he believes changes of this magnitude should be addressed in separate legislation.
Post a comment
Be the first to leave a comment!