Downed Power Lines Start Fire in Racine
Posted: Jul 13, 2016 9:48 AM CDT
Downed energized power lines were the cause of an afternoon fire on Erie Street in Racine Tuesday afternoon around 1:14 PM. The downed lines fell across a garage roof and came in contact with the electrical system within the garage.
The electrical system is connected to the home and started a fire in the wall of the kitchen. The crews had to find all of the spot fires within the house.
Because of the heat the Racine Fire Bells were called in to assist the firefighters with drinking water and cooling measures.
No one was injured due to the fire and the estimated damage is $30,000.