CBS 58 Morning News celebrates National Cheesecake Day
Thursday, July 30, 2015 is National Cheesecake Day. To celebrate, CBS 58 Morning News welcomed The Cheesecake Factory to teach us a unique way to eat the sweet treat. Managers at the Wauwatosa Cheesecake Factory location, Megan Camargo and Jeremy Grams, showed us how to make blondie brownie cheesecake sundaes.
Blonde Brownie Ingredients:
- 8 oz. Unsalted Butter
- 2 Cups Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 ea. Eggs
- 3 tsp. Vanilla
- ¼ tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- Combine Melted Butter, Brown Sugar & Eggs in a bowl & mix thoroughly with a spatula.
- Add the following to the mixture: Vanilla, Kosher Salt & All Purpose Flour; Mix thoroughly with a spatula.
- Pre-heat oven to 330 degrees.
- Lightly coat 9”x13” glass baking pan with Baking Spray.
- Spread the batter into the baking pan & bake for approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Before removing from oven, check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the blonde brownie.
- If done, toothpick will come out clean.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before cutting.
Blonde Brownie Cheesecake Sundaes Ingredients:
- Blonde Brownies (see recipe above)
- Deeply Chilled Cheesecake Slices (We recommend Adam’s Peanut Butter Cup Fudge Ripple, Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake & Fresh Banana Cream)
- Assorted Sundae Toppings
- Whipped Cream
- Maraschino Cherry
- Cut Blonde Brownies into squares.
- Place a Blonde Brownie Square in the bottom of a glass sundae dish.
- Using an ice cream scoop, portion a deeply chilled slice of your favorite cheesecake into round scoops & place on top of Blonde Brownie.
- Top with complementary toppings (caramel sauce, hot fudge, chopped nuts, toffee pieces, etc.)
- Garnish with whipped cream & cherry and enjoy!