Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Beloit YMCA playground damaged by fire

The Beloit Fire Department believes fireworks may have caused two small fires at the Stateside YMCA Tuesday night.

The fires were reported around 10:30 and both were quickly contained.

Fire Chief Brad Liggett says that he belive's debris from fireworks caught mulch on fire, which spread to old gymnastics floors piled in the back of the building and underneath the playground, melting away the slide.

There is no dollar estimate of the amount of damage to the building and its equipment. 

Chief Liggett wants to send a reminder that consumer fireworks are illegal in Wisconsin. If caught, you could face a fine and/or possible charges.

Share this article: