A corned beef recipe to try this St. Patrick's Day
MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- St. Patrick's Day is just days away, and what better way to celebrate the holiday than with traditional Irish food?
Jeralyn Braun is the director of product development at Metal Ware Corporation. Braun joined CBS 58 ahead of the holiday with a corned beef recipe for you this year.
- 2 to 2½ lb corned beef brisket or round
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 whole clove
- 4 medium red potatoes, peeled, halved
- 2 small onions, peeled
- 2 small parsnips, peeled, quartered
- 2 large carrots, peeled, quartered
- 1 small cabbage, cored, cut into 4 wedges
- Preheat your NESCO® Roaster Oven to 325ºF. Lightly wipe the cookwell with cooking oil.
- Rub seasonings on the outside of the brisket or round. Place meat in the preheated cookwell. Add enough hot water to reach halfway up the meat; add bay leaf and clove. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 250ºF and add vegetables.
- Cover; cook for three to four hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
The recipe serves four.