15-year-old suspect charged in deadly Kenosha double shooting

NOW: 15-year-old suspect charged in deadly Kenosha double shooting

KENOSHA, Wis. (CBS 58) -- The 15-year-old suspect in a deadly double shooting in Kenosha on May 9 has now been charged. 

Martice Fuller, 15, faces life in prison for allegedly shooting his ex-girlfriend, 16-year-old Kaylie Juga and seriously hurting her mother. 

Fuller was charged with first-degree intentional homicide, attempted first-degree intentional homicide, and armed burglary Monday.

“The circumstances, in this case, would literally chill anyone who makes any real attempt to keep their family safe,” Michael Gravely, Kenosha County District Attorney, said.

Kaylie was at her Kenosha home listening to music Thursday afternoon when police say Fuller walked into the house through the garage and shot her five times in the head and chest.

Kaylie’s mother Stephanie was home and said she heard Kaylie scream and a bang. When she went to see what was going on she saw Fuller and told him, “you don’t have to do this,” and he said, “yes, I have to.” Court records say Fuller shot Stephanie twice in the arm and chest. She was able to lock herself in a bathroom and 911.

In court, the District Attorney said Fuller had been threatening Kaylie at school, work, and her home.

“Parents have described on multiple occasions the defendant driving by their home at all hours,” Gravely said.

The District Attorney also said Fuller was kicked out of school for his threatening behavior towards Kaylie and had been trying to get his hands on a gun.

“There are individuals who indicate that the defendant asked them about a firearm on prior occasions,” he said.

Fuller surrendered to police in Racine on Friday.

“I think it’s important to note that there are not any statements by Mr. Fuller admitting to any responsibility for this incident,” Carl Johnson, Defense Attorney, said.

After the shooting, the criminal complaint says Fuller told his cousin that he planned on shooting Kaylie two times, but she screamed which “freaked him out” so he shot her more times.

 Cousin convinced Martice Fuller to turn himself in after fatal Kenosha shooting

Police also reviewed video captured by a neighbor's camera that showed a street view of the home. Detectives say a person matching Fuller's description can be seen going through the garage door of the Juga home with echoes consistent with gunshots at the time the shooting happened. The same person can then be seen leaving through the garage door and running on a north sidewalk. 

Fuller’s bond was set at $1 million and his preliminary hearing was scheduled for May 24. In court, family friends of the Juga’s were wearing pink in Kaylie’s memory. Fuller’s family did not comment after his court appearance.

Share this article: