$100 incentive available for MPS students ages 5-11 who are fully vaccinated against COVID by Jan 14
MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- The Milwaukee Public Schools District is offering a vaccine incentive for student ages 5-11. Eligible students vaccinated by Jan. 14 can receive a $100 reward card.
Earlier this year, MPS held a similar incentive program for older students.
Entries for the younger students are due by Jan. 31.
Only Pfizer's lower dose vaccine is approved for kids in this age group.
The incentive will be a $100 reward card mailed to each student at the address listed in Infinite Campus/Parent Portal. Proof of vaccination will be determined by information listed in the Wisconsin Immunization Registry (WIR).
Who is eligible to receive the $100 vaccine incentive?
To be eligible, students must:
- Be age 5 to 11 years old
- Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 14, 2022
- Complete the online application by January 31, 2022
- Attend any MPS school, including any MPS charter school or partnership school
- Note that children age 5 to 11 are ONLY eligible for the Pfizer vaccine, which requires two doses at least 21 days apart.
How do families apply for the incentive?
To apply for the student incentive, a family member can access the online application HERE. You will need your student’s MPS login information, which is the Student ID (7-digit number) and password. More information can be found in the application. The application is due by 11:59 P.M. on January 31, 2022. The application can be filled out by smartphone.
What does the application include?
- Verify that the student’s contact information is correct. If contact information is not correct, please complete the application, then contact your child’s school to update your information before January 31, 2022.
- Give consent to MPS to verify your child’s COVID-19 vaccination status through the Wisconsin Immunization Registry (WIR).
- Give consent to MPS to share your contact information with a third-party partner organization to issue the incentive.
For more information, CLICK HERE.