WisDOT: Prep work to begin ahead of 14-mile, I-43 North-South reconstruction project
MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- Preparation work is set to begin ahead of the upcoming 14-mile, I-43 North-South reconstruction project in Milwaukee and Ozaukee counties, the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) announced Wednesday, Aug. 18.
The preliminary work consists of rehabilitating segments of roadway shoulders between County Line Road and WIS 60, along with temporarily widening a small portion of the freeway near the county line to allow for traffic shifts during next year’s construction.
This prep work will begin the week of August 23.
Hoffman Construction Company is the prime contractor and will implement the following:
What to Expect This Year
- County Line Road entrance ramp to I-43 southbound to close long-term through mid-2023
- I-43 northbound exit ramp to Port Washington Road (near County Line Road) to close long-term through mid-2023
- Overnight and off-peak travel hour lane closures along I-43 northbound, between Highland Road and WIS 60
- Overnight lane closures along I-43, between County Line Road and Donges Bay Road
- Overnight lane closures along Port Washington Road, between Brown Deer Road and Donges Bay Road
- Overnight lane closures along Port Washington Road, between Coventry Court and Sugar Lane
Prep work is scheduled for completion by late fall 2021. Then, in March of 2022, crews will begin the reconstruction of the I-43 North-South corridor between Silver Spring Drive and WIS 60.
To learn more about the project, CLICK HERE.