Please note: Over-the-air viewers in Milwaukee need to re-scan televisions on Friday, October 18 to continue to receive CBS58, WMLW, MeTV, Telemundo Wisconsin, Heroes & Icons, Bounce, Decades, Start TV, Movies! and most other local channels. Those viewers unable to currently receive these stations over-the-air should see improved reception on October 18. Cable and satellite viewers are not impacted.

Further information on the re-scan can be found at:
https://www.cbs58.com/rescan

Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Wedding Evacuated after Carbon Monoxide Contamination

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Firefighters in Madison evacuated scores of people from a wedding celebration due to carbon monoxide in the air.

The Madison Fire Department issued a news release Sunday saying firefighters and paramedics were dispatched to Salon Centinela, an indoor soccer club, on Saturday night after someone fainted during a wedding celebration there.

Guests approached the paramedics and asked them about an odor in the building and told them a generator powering the band was running indoors.

Firefighters determined carbon monoxide was in the air. The generator was moved outside but firefighters still evacuated about 300 wedding guests. Twenty-six people suffering from headaches, dizziness and nausea were taken to a local hospital. Dispatchers said other hospitals received walk-in patients from the incident. All are expected to recover.

Share this article:
Save with
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close

0 Comments

Post a comment
Be the first to leave a comment!
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?