Washington County Sheriff's Office is Hiring Full Time Communications Officer
Washington County Sheriffâ€™s Office is looking to hire a full time communications officer.
Starting hourly pay for 2017 is between $20.16 and $21.30 with a current top pay rate of $25.92.
Washington County also offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes: Health, Dental, and Life Insurance; Short and Long Term Disability; Wisconsin Retirement System and Wisconsin Deferred Compensation (IRS 457); Holidays and Paid Time Off (PTO).
Duties of this position include receiving and transmitting messages to and from cars, other stations and other terminals using radio, telephone and teletype equipment.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- A citizen of the United States and age 21 at the time of application.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Two years of post High School education from an accredited technical school, college or university in criminal justice, police science, public safety communication, business administration or closely related field.
- Two years of work experience preferably involving public safety dispatching, public safety, communications or customer service.
- Must possess a valid Wisconsin driverâ€™s license upon appointment with vision correctable to 20/20.
- Keyboarding ability at 40 w.p.m.
- Must successfully pass a physical examination, audiogram, drug screening, and security clearance as conducted by the Sheriff prior to hire