UPDATE: Milwaukee Police Chief Flynn to hold press conference on recent investigations
Chief Flynn will hold a press conference to at Police Administration Building later on July 6 to discuss progress that has been made in several recent investigations.
The Milwaukee Police Department is currently investigating several shootings that happened in Milwaukee on July 4th.
- A homicide occurred in the 5100 block of North 76 Street at 4:45 PM on July 4. Officers responding to shots fired call discovered an unresponsive 20 year-old man suffering from a gunshot wound. He was transported to a local hospital and was treated for serious injuries, a motive for this incident has not yet been established.
- A shooting that occurred in the 3100 block on North 12 Street at 5:10 PM on July 4. The Victim, a 22 year-old man from Milwaukee stated that he was shot after he was approached by 2 people unknown to him on the street. He was transported to a local hospital by a passerby and was treated for his non-life threatening injuries.
- A homicide that occurred in the 700 block of South 22 Street at 10:52 PM on July 4. The victim, a 23 year-old male from Milwaukee was found unresponsive and suffering from a gunshot wound. He died on scene despite the lifesaving efforts of the Milwaukee Fire Department.
- A shooting occurred in the 4100 block of West Vliet Street at 10:50 PM on July 4. The victim, a 24 year old male from Milwaukee stated he was walking in the area when he heard gunshots and realized he was shot. He self-transported himself to a local hospital where he received treatment for his non-life threatening injury. The victim recanted his story and now admits to investigators that he accidentally shot himself.
- A homicide occurred in the 8100 block of West Glen St. at 11:16 PM on July 4. The victim a 31 year-old male was shot outside of a residence that was hosting a large party. He was transported to a local hospital where he died from his wound.
All shootings are still under investigation.
Additionally, police are still investigating three shootings that occurred Friday night.
- A shooting occurred at 9:35 PM in the 2200 block of West Clarke Street on July 3. The 44 year-old male victim said as he was walking southbound on North 22 Street, he is approached by a subject who demanded his property. Victim said that as he began to run away he heard gun shots and realized he had been shot. The victim indicated that he ran to a nearby residence where police and medical attention were summoned. He was transported to a local hospital for treatment of his non-life threatening injury.
- A shooting occurred at 5:20 PM in the 2300 block of South 12 Street on July 3. During an argument over missing property a 27 year-old male from Milwaukee was shot when at least three individuals (including the victim) pulled out handguns and began to shoot at each other. The victim suffered a serious injury and was transported to a local hospital for treatment. MPD are currently seeking known subjects for this incident.
- A homicide happened just before 10:30 p.m. on July 3 in the 2200 block of North Lake Drive. A 14-year-old Milwaukee boy was shot and suffered serious injuries. Amid the chaos, responding MPD officers performed CPR on the victim and were able to restore his heartbeat. The victim was transported to a local hospital where he later died. Preliminary information indicates the victim was among a group of individuals who were feuding with another group on Facebook over a girl.
Anyone with information on any of these incidents is encouraged to call the Milwaukee Police Department.