Please note: Over-the-air viewers in Milwaukee need to re-scan televisions on Friday, October 18 to continue to receive CBS58, WMLW, MeTV, Telemundo Wisconsin, Heroes & Icons, Bounce, Decades, Start TV, Movies! and most other local channels. Those viewers unable to currently receive these stations over-the-air should see improved reception on October 18. Cable and satellite viewers are not impacted.

Further information on the re-scan can be found at:
https://www.cbs58.com/rescan

Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Two Pets Die in House Fire after Man Accidentally tosses Blanket into Fireplace

A visitor trying to stay warm caused a fire at a Fox Point home on Monday morning.

North Shore Fire responded to the scene near Bradley and Santa Monica around 8:00 AM.

                   

Fire officials said the blanket of a man who was sleeping in front a fireplace inside the living room caught fire.   When he tossed the blanket off of himself, the fire spread throughout the room.

"The first floor is heavily fire damaged, the second floor is primarily smoke, there is some heavy fire damage, and as i'm sure you can imagine, with the conditions out here, water and ice, there's going to be some damage from that as well"

Two people inside got out safely, but were taken to the hospital for minor smoke inhalation.  Two pets did not survive the fire.

Share this article:
Save with
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close

0 Comments

Post a comment
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?