Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Two Christmas Eve house fires in Racine, no serious injuries

RACINE (CBS 58) -- The City of Racine Fire Department responded to two separate house fires late Christmas Eve. 

The first was a second floor attic fire at 3400 Wright Ave. The homeowner called to report smoke coming from the attic inside her home at 9:06 p.m. Fire crews on-scene witnessed smoke coming from the eaves of the residence and were able to extinguish the fire. There were no injuries associated with the fire, but one was transported to Ascension All Saints Hospital for medical reasons. The Red Cross has provided shelter for three residents. Estimated loss for the fire was $30,000. 

The second incident occurred at 1748 Lathrop Ave.The homeowner called at 11:41 p.m. to report a kitchen fire, and was able to safely escape the blaze. Racine Fire Department made a fast attack to knock down the fire. There were no injuries and the homeowner made arrangements to stay with family. Estimated loss for the incident is $27,000. 

Share this article: