Teen charged in chase ending in crash near 76th and Villard
The stolen Jeep flipped and went airborne as it crashed into several parked cars at the Hart Auto lot.
Ryan Tate is charged with eight felonies and a misdemeanor, including:
- Armed robbery
- Flee or eluding an officer (2 counts)
- Second degree recklessly endangering safety
- Vehicle operator flee/elude officer causing damage to property (2 counts)
- First degree reckless injury
- First degree recklessly endangering safety
- Possession of a dangerous weapon by a person under 18
He's accused of stealing a car from a Lyft driver, fleeing police and crashing the vehicle in a car lot.
According to a criminal complaint, Tate estimated that during one part of the chase, he reached speeds of about 90 miles per hour.
Tate is being held on $30,000 cash bond.
He's due back in court Feb. 16.