Southridge Mall participating in Susan G. Komen More Than Pink Movement
GREENDALE, Wis. (CBS 58) – Southridge Mall is joining the fight against breast cancer by participating in the Susan G. Komen More than Pink movement.
During the month of October, the mall's exterior will be lit with pink lights and staff will wear pink accessories in honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The mall will also sell $5 discount cards providing 15% or 25% off one item at participating retailers. All proceeds from the sale of discount cards go to Susan G. Komen. Susan G. Komen Visa® Simon gift cards are also available, and for every gift card purchased, Simon will donate $1 towards Susan G. Komen.
Other planned activities include:
· More Than Pink Hero Wall: The More Than Pink Hero Wall is an opportunity for survivors and their families to visually articulate their strength during their fight against breast cancer. Shoppers may purchase a sticker for a $1 donation and post it on the More Than Pink Hero Wall, with all proceeds benefiting Susan G. Komen. The Hero Wall is located in the hallway near the mall office.
- Hero Photo Opportunity: An ‘I Am More Than Pink’ backdrop in Center Court will be used as a photo selfie station during the month of October, with visitors encouraged to use the hashtag #morethanpink.
- Pink Promise Zone: October 4-15: Stop by the Pink Promise Zone in the lower level of center court, which turns Southridge Mall’s common area into a pink, fun and interactive station. Shoppers can sign a promise card featuring a list of reminders and suggestions for improved breast health.
- Pink Day Kick off Celebration: October 6 from 9 -10 a.m.: Southridge will kick off its Breast Cancer Awareness Month campaign in center court with a morning celebration, a proclamation of ‘Pink Day’ in the Village of Greendale, and a Pink Powered Mall Walk.
- Susan G. Komen’s Conversations for a Cure: October 7-8 and 14-15: Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sundays from Noon to 5 p.m. Visit Komen’s Conversation for a Cure area adjacent to the Pink Promise Zone for personalized education on breast health. Learn how your next breast cancer screening can help you earn a $20 gift card! Komen Wisconsin will be joined on the following days by one of these special family activities:
- Saturday, October 7: The Milwaukee COA’s HIPPY program – reading and exploring for kids and their parents.
- Sunday, October 8: Milwaukee Art Museum’s Kohl’s Color Wheel – drop in art projects for kids of all ages.
- Saturday, October 14: Discovery World Kohl’s Design It Lab – creative projects for the whole family.
- Sunday, October 15: Alverno College pink pumpkin decorating – fall fun for everyone.
**The Visa Simon Giftcard® can be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted in the U.S. and cannot be used at ATMs or redeemed for cash. The Visa Simon Giftcard® is issued by MetaBank®, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. For more information about the Visa Simon Giftcard®, including Card Terms and Conditions and (if applicable) fees, visit simongiftcard.com or Simon Guest Services.