Snow emergencies extended in southeastern Wisconsin Feb. 16, 2021
SOUTHEASTERN WISCONSIN (CBS 58) --- Snow emergencies have been declared and extended due to wintry weather Tuesday, Feb. 16.
As of early Tuesday morning, all lakeside counties are under a winter storm warning until noon. Ozaukee and Sheboygan counties are under a winter weather advisory.
The winter storm warnings and the winter weather advisory for Ozaukee county has been extended until 3 pm. The advisory for Sheboygan county will expire at Noon. pic.twitter.com/yMXCu8l9mA— Drew Burgoyne (@CBS58Drew) February 16, 2021
There are two more snow systems on Thursday and Sunday.
- The city of Milwaukee Department of Public Works declared a snow emergency for Feb. 16 from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- There is no parking allowed on main streets during the snow emergency.
- Alternate side parking will be required on side streets from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- All residents who park overnight on a Milwaukee side street must move their vehicles to the even numbered side of the street by 10 p.m. Feb. 16.
- Designated Milwaukee Public Schools lots will be available for off-street parking beginning Tuesday at 7 p.m. All must be moved by 7 a.m. Wednesday.
- Garbage collections have been suspended for the remainder of Tuesday.
- Cudahy has declared its first snow emergency in more than 15 years due to massive build-up of snow.
- The city of Greenfield is issuing a snow emergency beginning Monday, Feb. 15 at 7 p.m. and lasting until Tuesday, Feb. 16 at 6 p.m.
- The City of Kenosha has issued a snow emergency extended its snow emergency until 6 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 17.
- Parking is prohibited on all streets in the city during a snow emergency.
VILLAGE OF PLEASANT PRAIRIE
- A Snow Emergency has been declared in the village of Pleasant Prairie beginning at 6 p.m. Monday, Feb. 15 and will remain in effect until 6 p.m. Tuesday, Feb.16.
- No parking is allowed on village streets. All snow emergency parking restrictions will be enforced throughout this time period.
- Snow Emergency for the city of Racine from 12 a.m. midnight, Feb. 16, through 12 p.m. noon on Tuesday, Feb. 16
- No parking on the arterial and collector streets and parking will be allowed ONLY on the EVEN side of all local streets starting at 12:00 midnight Tuesday, Feb. 16 until 6 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 16.
VILLAGE & TOWN OF SOMERS
- The Snow Emergency in the village and town of Somers will be in effect from 8 p.m. Monday, Feb. 15 through 12 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 16.
- Residents are reminded to park their vehicles accordingly, with no parking in designated areas.
- City of St. Francis is declaring a Snow Emergency until 5 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 17.