Salvation Army hosting Christmas in July with red kettles throughout Milwaukee County
MILWAUKEE COUNTY (CBS 58) -- The Salvation Army is bringing Christmas in July to Milwaukee County. From July 23 to July 28 residents will find Salvation Army iconic red kettles at select Pick 'N Save locations across the county.
“The Red Kettle Campaign during Christmas has historically been the The Salvation Army's primary fundraiser, with proceeds going directly to help families and individuals in need throughout the entire year, not just at Christmas,” said Major Steve Merritt, Divisional Commander for The Salvation Army of Wisconsin & Upper Michigan. “With the increase in financial requests made to The Salvation Army and need for community care year round, Christmas in July will help provide financial assistance for more families right now.”
The following locations will see the kettles:
- Pick 'N Save, 250 W Holt Milwaukee, WI 53207
- Pick 'N Save, 3701 S 27th Milwaukee, WI. 53221
- Pick 'N Save, 7201 S 76th Street Franklin, WI 53132
- Pick 'N Save, 7780 S Lovers Lane Rd Franklin, WI 53132
- Pick 'N Save, 4279 S 76th Street Greenfield, WI 53220
- Pick 'N Save, 2320 W Ryan Rd Oak Creek, WI 53154
- Pick 'N Save, 8770 S Howell Avenue Oak Creek, WI 53154
- Pick 'N Save, 2625 S 108th West Allis, WI 53227
The Salvation Army will also have bell ringers and kettles outside Miller Park before the Brewers game against the Nationals on Wednesday, July 25.
If you would like to volunteer to ring bells this July you can visit RegisterToRing.com.