Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Breaking News

Racine resident with 13 pets saved from roof during fire

The Racine Fire Department responded to the 1600 block of State Street Thursday afternoon for a fire.

Upon arrival, crews quickly rescued one occupant who became trapped, exited the bedroom to the outside of the home, and onto a section of the roof. The occupant was not injured.

Firefighters were also able to save 12 of the family pets. One did not survive the fire.

The fire was quickly extinguished.

The home sustained both fire and smoke damage to the first and second floor. 

Initial investigation reveals that a mattress was ignited in a second story bedroom of the home. It was a result of the occupant carelessly using a combustible liquid and an aerosol spray. 

The total estimated loss to the home was $5,000.00.

Share this article: