Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

One taken to the hospital, Red Cross helping families after kitchen fire in Racine

RACINE, Wis. (CBS 58) -- One person is in the hospital and nine people including three kids are being helped by the Red Cross after a kitchen fire in Racine. 

The Racine Fire Department was called to a fire at a home in the 400 block of Parkview Drive. When crews arrived, they saw smoke coming from second-floor windows. All occupants were able to escape, although one person was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation. The Red Cross is helping two adults from the lower unit. The Red Cross is also helping three adults and three children from the upper unit. 

The fire caused an estimated $75,000.

 

Share this article: