Milwaukee DPW: Winter parking regulations end March 2
MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- Milwaukee's Department of Public Works is reminding residents that winter parking regulations in the city will expire on Friday, March 2, 2018.
Residents will still need to follow winter parking rules overnight Thursday, March 1 into Friday morning, March 2.
What this means:
- Posted regulations that include “No Parking Dec. 1 to March 1” expire as of March 2
- Major thoroughfares and streets with bus routes will now allow either alternate side parking or two-sided parking during the overnight hours from 2:00 to 6:00 a.m.
Residents are reminded that DPW can still call an overnight snow removal operation or declare a snow emergency after March 2 if warranted by weather conditions.
Get and stay connected to learn when a DPW overnight snow removal operation or a snow emergency is in effect:
- Sign up to receive E-Notify Winter Parking Alert email and/or text messages at milwaukee.gov/mpw. Subscribers will receive electronic messages sent to their email accounts and/or their cell phone(s) alerting them that a DPW overnight snow removal operation or a snow emergency has been called
- Follow DPW on Facebook and Twitter: @milwaukeedpw (both platforms)
- Check milwaukee.gov/snow for updates
- Press releases are sent to local media outlets – Watch for/listen to/read this information
- Call (414) 286-CITY (-2489)
Learn the City parking rules and regulations for your street and neighborhood:
- Remember, a valid overnight parking permit is required in the City of Milwaukee to park overnight on City streets from 2:00 to 6:00 a.m.
- DPW website: milwaukee.gov/parking – includes parking regulations by street and E-Notify information and sign-up
Call (414) 286-CITY (-2489)