Milwaukee Department of Public Works holiday service schedule
MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) – City of Milwaukee government offices will be closed from November 22-25.
Some Department of Public Works services will be available for limited hours of operations and certain parking restricts will be lifted.
Garbage, Recycling, and Drop-Off Centers:
- No garbage or recycling pick-up on November 22 and November 23
- Drop-Off Centers will be closed on November 22, 23 & 25 - Open on Saturday, November 24 from
- 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The winter schedule for the Drop-Off Centers – No Sunday or Monday hours beginning November 25
- No parking meter enforcement on Thursday, November 22 (Thanksgiving Day)
- No all-night parking enforcement on Wednesday night into Thursday morning (November 22 from 2:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m.) and Thursday night into Friday morning (November 23 from 2:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m.) unless a DPW Snow Operation is declared. If a DPW Snow Operation is declared alternate side parking is required between 11:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. on all streets that allow parking.
- Overnight parking enforcement resumes on Friday night into Saturday morning (November 24 from 2:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m.)
- Closed – Thursday, November 22
- Open - Friday, November 23 from 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon, with normal hours on November 24 and 25
Milwaukee Water Works:
- 24-hour drinking water service provided. Water Control Center - (414) 286-3710
- The Customer Service Center will be closed on November 22 and November 23
- Customers can pay their Municipal Services Bill online. For automated account information, call (414) 286-2830