Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Local fire chief warns of dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning

OCONOMOWOC, Wis. (CBS 58) – The Western Lakes Fire District chief wants to make sure everyone knows the signs of CO poisoning and how to prevent it from happening to you.

This comes after more than 100 people went to the hospital last week after a carbon monoxide leak at Oconomowoc High School. Five people tested positive for CO.

Fire chief Brad Bowen says although everyone is okay now, carbon monoxide exposure is very dangerous.

“What CO does is goes in and replaces the oxygen in your blood and that can lead to brain death and eventually cardiac arrest,” Bowen said.

The chief says as far as he knows, everyone who was treated is healthy and back at school.

Share this article:
Save with