Industrial Iron Catches Fire at Racine Laundromat
Posted: Jul 23, 2016 8:21 PM CDT
An early morning fire at Imperial Laundry in Racine Saturday morning caused damage to an industrial ironing machine. Some fabric was caught in between two large rollers of the machine. Because it is a large iron the rollers are at high temperature which caused the fabric to ignite and that in turn ignited nearby items.
Maintenance personnel attempted to extinguish the fire with an extinguisher but were successful. The fire department responded and extinguished the fire.
It is unknown at this time how much damage the fire caused to the machine but the machine is valued at $500,000.00. No damage was observed to the building.