House unlivable after dryer fire in Mount Pleasant

MOUNT PLEASANT, Wis. (CBS 58) -- The South Shore Fire Department was dispatched to 6241 Bald Eagle Rd. in Mount Pleasant for a reported dryer fire. 

When firefighters arrived shortly after 8 p.m they saw heavy smoke condition and fire extending from the basement and bedroom window on the east side of the house. 

Firefighters tried to fight the fire on the interior but were backed out by zero visibility and high heat and knocked the fire down from the outside of the home. It took about 45 minutes until the fire was under control.

The home is currently unlivable and the basement laundry area sustained significant fire damage with structural compromise. The basement bedrooms and living space sustained heat and water damage. The first floor bedroom sustained significant heat damage and the remainder of the first floor sustained smoke damage. 

The damage is estimated at $200,000.

Four fire departments responded.

Share this article: