Green Bay Police Investigating Counterfeit Tickets
GREEN BAY, Wis. (WFRV) Police are warning fans to be careful when buying your tickets before attending any game at Lambeau Field.
The Green Bay Police Department is investigating several reports of counterfeit tickets circulating online through unauthorized resellers from the Badger/UW, Detroit Lions, and Giants game.
The people that bought tickets from those sellers were unable to enter the stadium, because they were counterfeit.
Officials say that the fraudulent tickets had a lot of similarities, like some being bought on Craigslist.
Fans are encouraged to do their research before buying tickets from unofficial sources.
The Green Bay Police Department encourages everyone to follow the below recommendations:
- Free online marketplaces that ask buyers to arrange to pay for tickets in person are often sources of counterfeit tickets.
- Fans are advised to only buy tickets from official sources and team partners, such as NFL Ticket Exchange (link available at www.Packers.com/tickets). Ticket Exchange is the only resale ticket marketplace authorized by the Packers, with exclusive ability to electronically verify and reissue every Packers ticket sold. This ensures that tickets are authentic and valid for admission.
- According to the Wisconsin Bureau of Consumer Protection, other ticket sources to consider should be members of the National Association of Ticket Brokers, as these businesses may offer a money-back guarantee if a problem occurs with purchased tickets.
- Ticket buyers are advised to be aware of whether or not secondary ticketing sources or classified ad sites offer guarantees or have return policies in place.
- Ticket buyers are also urged to request identification from those selling the tickets, and should keep in mind that if the ticket pricing seems too good to be true, it probably is
If you have any questions on game days, locate a police officer in the parking lot or go direct with will call at Lambeau Field.
If you have any information regarding these incidents please contact Detective Scanlan at the Green Bay Police department at 448-3200. If you prefer, you can remain anonymous by contacting Crime Stoppers at (920) 432-STOP, on the web at www.432stop.com, or by texting GBTIP plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES).