Grass Fire Caused By Fireworks in Pleasant Prairie
PLEASANT PRAIRIE - On June 30, Pleasant Prairie Fire & Rescue responded to the 11600 block of 75th Street to extinguish a grass fire. The grass fire was caused by the use of fireworks in an empty lot.
While summer time and patriotic holidays are traditionally celebrated with lighting off fireworks, Pleasant Prairie Fire & Rescue would like to remind the public that fireworks are not allowed in the Village of Pleasant Prairie. Those possessing or using fireworks in the Village can be cited. If the fireworks cause a fire response, those causing the response will be billed for responding fire apparatus and personnel.
“This strict policy is set for the safety of the residents of Pleasant Prairie, especially with the recent lack of rain,” explained Chief of Fire & Rescue Doug McElmury. “We hope everyone has a safe and fun holiday weekend.”