Gov. Evers announces launch of COVID-19 dashboard documenting how, where WI invests federal funding
MADISON, Wis. (CBS 58) -- Governor Tony Evers announced the launch of Wisconsin's COVID-19 Response and Recovery Investment dashboard website Thursday, Aug. 13.
The website, according to a press release, will provide regularly updated information regarding how and where Wisconsin is investing federal funding, including significant funding from the CARES Act.
“From Wisconsin's farmers and small business owners, to our families and workers, the COVID-19 pandemic has affected every community and industry across our state,” said Gov. Evers. “That's why we are investing these funds in the resiliency of Wisconsinites by providing support to the folks who need it most during these challenging times. Our new website will allow Wisconsinites see for themselves how these critical funds are being invested in communities across our state.”
Gov. Evers has announced $1.72 billion in initiatives funded by CARES funds to date.
The initiatives include, but not are not limited to:
- Routes to Recovery local government reimbursement ($200 million)
- Wisconsin Rental Assistance Program (WRAP) ($25 million)
- Hospital funding ($40 million)
- Health care provider payments ($110 million)
- WI Farm Support Payment program ($50 million)
- Food security initiative ($15 million)
- Higher education funding ($37 million)
For more information, click here.