First responders rescue elderly couple from duplex fire in Port Washington

PORT WASHINGTON, Wis. (CBS 58) -- The Port Washington Fire Department responded to a side-by-side structure fire in Port Washington Sunday, Sept. 12.

Authorities say the fire was coming from a duplex 404 N. Wisconsin Street in Port Washington.

Reports indicate that one side of the duplex got heavy damage, while the other side of the residence wasn't severely damaged.

Officials say the blaze started due to an unattended grill.

According to the Port Washington Fire Department, a responding police officer dragged out an elderly couple from the fire, one by one.

The couple did not suffer injuries, but the officer was taken in for treatment of smoke in inhalation.

Authorities say the residence was on the edge of a hill, causing firefighters to have to snake their water hose lines around the building to put out the blaze.

No other information on this story is available at this time.

Share this article:
 
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?